ECHOES - ANALOG ECHO BOX
Nomad Factory is proud to introduce ECHOES, a new Analog Echo Box plug-in designed to give you the warmth and richness of classic vintage delay effects.
ECHOES faithfully models the greatest delay effects of all time, PLX-1 based on* Echoplex® 1, PLX-3 based on* Echoplex 3, OILCAN based on* Tel-Ray® Oilcan Delay, EHX-DM based on* Electro Harmonix® Deluxe Memory Man, and ADM-2 based on* Boss® DM-2 Analog Delay.
Following the philosophy behind Nomad Factory’s hit Magnetic plug-in, ECHOES not only sounds amazing, but it is designed to be very easy to use. Unlike many other delay plug-ins that have dozens of unnecessary knobs and confusing parameters, ECHOES has captured the essence of the original effects by keeping it simple. With the turn of a few knobs, the plug-in delivers musical results and instant analog delay satisfaction!
- A brief history of Analog Delay…
The world’s first delay effects were achieved using tape loops improvised on reel-to-reel systems in the 1950’s. The dawn of the analog delay came in the 1960’s with the Maestro® Echoplex. Many guitarists embraced the technology as a way to enhance their sound including Robert Fripp, John Martyn and Jimi Hendrix.
Often incorporating vacuum tube-based electronics, vintage analog delay units are highly sought after by today’s musicians who desire the unique timbres achievable with this technology. Solid-state delay units using transistors became available in the 1970s and were briefly a mainstream alternative to tape echo.
Though solid-state analog delays are less flexible than digital delays and generally have shorter delay times, several classic models such as the discontinued Boss® DM-2 are still regarded for their "warmer", more natural echo quality and progressively decaying delays.
Nomad Factory’s ECHOS features 5 classic analog delay effects all in one plug-in:
- PLX-1: Based on* Maestro® Echoplex 1
The original Tube-based tape delay effect
- PLX-3: Based on* Maestro® Echoplex 3
Transistor-based tape echo
- OILCAN: Based on* Tel Ray® Echo
Tapeless Oilcan delay/echo
- EHX-DM: Based on* Electro Harmonix® Deluxe Memory Man
The most in-demand analog delay pedal ever built
- ADM-2: Based on* Boss® DM-2
Analog delay pedal from the early 80's
ECHOES Plug-In Features :
- ECHO TIME : Controls the time from 20 to 2000ms of analog delay.
- PANNING : Center position for stereo pan, left or right causes ping pong effect.
- ECHO MODE : Choose from 5 classic analog delay effects.
- REPEATS : Controls the feedback amount of the delay effect.
- MIX : Controls the balance of the wet /dry signal.
- EXTRA KNOBS : 3 additional preset knobs that change according to the currently selected mode.
- PLX-1 : Wow & Flutter, Drive and Echo Level
- PLX-3 : Bass, Treble and Echo Level
- EHX-DM : Mod Speed, Mod Depth and Echo Level
- OILCAN : Tone, Variation and Echo Level
- ADM-2 : Bass, Treble and Echo Level
- SYNC SWITCH : Sync your delays to your song’s master tempo.
- VINTAGE SWITCH : Give your delays that vintage analog sound by filtering the repeats.
- STEREO WIDENER : Increases the width of the delay. Lowest setting is true mono.
- INPUT : Sets the input level of Echoes.
- OUTPUT : Sets the output level of Echoes.
- POWER bypasses the entire unit